Website Shannex Incorporated
Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of senior’s accommodation, care and services in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Ontario. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs over 4,000 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
Shannex continues to grow with the addition of a new campus – Parkland Antigonish. Located in the picturesque, historical town of Antigonish, and in partnership with the Sisters of Saint Martha, Parkland Antigonish will provide a safe and modern accommodation for members of the Sisters of Saint Martha congregation. This campus will offer a full continuum of services including Hospitality and Wellness, Assisted Living and Long-Term Care service lines.
Physiotherapy Assistant – Full Time
Reporting to the Site Manager as a part of a professional interdisciplinary team within the Shannex Enhanced Care Division, the Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Assistant is key to supporting our clients in our sites and upholding the “Shannex Philosophy of Service”.
The Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Assistant will provide designated treatments and interventions; performs related work as required while working closely with the Physiotherapist/ Occupational Therapist.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Prepares and administers treatments using standard therapeutic methods and techniques, including the use of hot/cold packs, paraffin, TENS, and FES as assigned by the Physiotherapist.
- Administers and assists residents with exercise programs, including range of motion, progressive resistive and stretching, arm pulleys.
- Prepares for and conducts group exercise classes, including set up of equipment and space, assisting residents, adapting exercise programs as necessary, and monitoring residents during participation in the program.
- Observes and monitors residents’ response during treatment to assure safety and note conditions and progress for reporting to Physiotherapist.
- Recognizing signs and responds accordingly. Prepares residents for treatment, assists to disrobe/dress, sets up and adjusts equipment or explains treatment to residents as instructed by the Physiotherapist.
- Assists residents in ambulation, with or without an ambulatory aid, under the direction of the Physiotherapist.
- Cleans and sterilizes area and equipment used in therapy treatment as necessary between uses; monitors and maintains general housekeeping of the department.
- Controls, schedules and monitors location of equipment; distributes equipment as directed by the Physiotherapist.
- Conducts general safety inspections of the physiotherapy department and equipment.
- Completes records of treatments on a daily, weekly or monthly basis for report to the Physiotherapist.
- Current certification as a Physiotherapy Assistant or Occupational Assistant from an approved college.
- The ability to work required shifts, weekends and holidays.
The following would be considered assets:
- Knowledge of basic resident care practices and principles. Knowledge of the problems, attitudes and needs of residents requiring therapeutic treatment.
- Knowledge of precautions to be taken when performing strenuous physical tasks.
- Ability to utilize safe and appropriate resident transfers and lifts, using manual or mechanical means.
- Ability to learn and perform therapeutic tasks required. Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively.
- Listens to others and responds appropriately.
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with electronic information systems;
- Previous experience in working with the clients in long-term care or a senior’s independent living environment.
- Alzheimer’s & other Dementia Care course,
- U-First training preferred.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization, please apply by October 17th, 2019.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
How To Apply:https://shannex.itacit.com/itacit-career-ui/postings/47139?CLIENT=77426639&SID=2&LANGUAGE=en
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.