Website Advocate Printing
Shipper / Receiver – Term
Advocate Printing & Publishing – Pictou, NS
Advocate Printing & Publishing is the largest privately-owned printing and publishing company in Atlantic Canada. Our customers’ success makes our business successful. The Advocate family values and understands that people really do make a difference.
We currently have a career opportunity for a Shipper / Receiver to join our team. The successful candidate will help ensure customer orders of printed communication products are safely loaded for distribution to customers and supplies are safely received into inventory.
• Ensure printed products are shrink wrapped and accurately labeled for distribution.
• Safely operate forklifts, pallet jacks and other equipment to carry out daily duties efficiently.
• Safely load and unload finished products from trucks and other vehicles as required.
• Ensure incoming goods are properly and safely stored and labeled as required.
• Perform and aid with order set-ups and packaging.
• Ensure safe and proper use of storage racking in warehouse and loading docks.
• Report improper or unsafe storage racking within the warehouse.
• Perform and aid inventory counts and verification as required.
• Maintain proper housekeeping of warehouse and storage areas.
• Responsible for cleanliness inside shipping and receiving area.
• Verify and scan packing slips with purchase orders and received inventory.
• Perform other shipping, receiving, distribution and administrative responsibilities as requested.
• Report all safety incidents no matter how minor.
• Wear personal protective equipment as trained.
• Ensure safety of self and co-workers.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Previous experience working with forklifts in a warehousing, shipping and/or manufacturing environment.
• Able to use good judgment and decision-making skills when preparing and completing work.
• Basic knowledge working with computers and good keyboarding skills.
• Able to learn and work with shipping and receiving software programs.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
• Able to meet all safety aspects and demands of a physically active workplace.
• Strong written and oral communication skills with an excellent eye for detail.
• Able to work within a noisy and dusty printing environment with temperature fluctuations.
• Able to safely lift up to 50 pounds of printed material.
• Safety conscious and committed to work within company safety policy and practices.
• Strong attention to detail and customer service oriented.
• Able to perform manual shipping duties such as lifting, packaging, labelling etc.
• Casual/Varied Hours and Shifts based on business requirements.
Applicants email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.