Shipping and Receiving Clerk
For more than 40 years, MacGregors Industrial Group has been a leading provider of machining and metal fabrication solutions to the manufacturing, energy, mining, forestry and construction industries. Our goal is to add value and build trust with our clients.
Located in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, our markets reach throughout North America and into export markets.
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for shipping, receiving, verifying, and recording the movement of stock, parts, supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Responsible to package, label, and log shipments outgoing for different divisions.
- Responsible to sort, count, unpack, and log inventory which is received. Notifying other divisions of received goods for them is an integral part of this responsibility.
- Inspects shipments for shortages, damage or defects; records shortage, discrepancy or damage, and notifies the shipper of goods and arranges for a fix of the shortage, discrepancy, or damage.
- Preparation of shipments for commercial deliveries. This will include the selection of the most economic shipping method and packaging items in a manner to ensure a safe delivery.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparing bills of lading and checking items to be shipped against work orders to ensure that quantities, destination and routing are correct.
- Receive and unload incoming product and compare information from the packing slip with purchase orders to verify the accuracy of the shipment.
- Periodically completing incoming inspections reports such as: dimensional reports and Mill Certifications. Reporting any safety concern due to specialty products and completing non-conformance reports on inaccurate/defective shipments.
- Support the inside sales team in customer sales during vacations, illnesses and busy periods. This may includeperforming light manufacturing duties such as assembling hydraulic hoses, transport chains, among other products.
- Be willing and able to operate pallet jack, dolly, fork lift in the loading and unloading of supplies and equipment.
- May be called upon, with short notice, to operate a company vehicle to deliver shipments.
- Use the computer system to receive product into inventory and organize corresponding shipping/receiving records for filing.
- Update the requisitioning party, via email or phone call, of all incoming product on a daily basis.
- Follow all established safety and operational procedures, policies and objectives while continually monitoring for methods to improve the safety functions, quality standards and production processes of the department.
- Put away received stock items into their proper locations and if possible proper bin location. If they do not have a proper bin location, discuss with manager, and possibly create one.
- The completion of daily shipping & receiving logs.
- Order and maintain all supplies required for daily shipping and receiving.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- The ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Knowledge of commercial shipping methods and procedures and keeping a personal database or file of this information for easy access and regular use.
- Able to work 40+ hours per week. This will include some Saturday shifts from 8am to 12noon.
Key Skills, Capabilities and Experience
- Strong communication skills, will be required to regularly liaise with both customers and colleagues.
- Able to work under pressure to a specific timeline.
- Comprehensive reading, writing, arithmetic, coordination and time management will be required.
- Work together as part of a team.
- Great attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and any other relevant industry software.
- Previous experience in a Shipping/Receiving environment would be considered an asset.
- A high degree of confidentiality.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume to Brent.MacPhee@macgregors.ca
We would like to thank all applicants; however, only those candidates with the required skills and experience will be contacted.
How To Apply:Email
To apply for this job email your details to Brent.MacPhee@macgregors.ca.