Website New Wave Forestry
Job Title: Silviculture/Forestry Workers
Employer: New Wave Forestry, Pictou County
Start Date: Application deadline February 28th, Start date early April
Summer Students: Students who are 18 + are encouraged to apply to work May to August
Salary: Hourly and/or Piece Rate Work. Weekly earnings range from $600-$1000.
New Wave Forestry provides a variety of forest management services on Crown and Private Land throughout northeastern and central Nova Scotia and we are looking to fill various positions on our silviculture & woodlot management crews. Depending on experience, applicants could perform a variety of forestry-related tasks, such as:
• Pre-Commercial Thinning: using power thinning saws to thin or space trees in reforestation sites.
• Tree Planting: using manual tools to plant trees in reforestation or restoration sites
• Crop Tree Release & Pruning: using chain saws to space the crowns of desirable crop trees and using manual tools to prune crop trees during forest improvement silviculture work.
• Chainsaw Operator: Safely using and properly maintaining a power saw to perform a variety of tasks such as commercial thinning, hardwood selection management, crop tree release, bucking firewood, trail building and other forest improvement work.
• Other forest management work such as trail building, operating small scale woods equipment (ATVs, tractors, log trailers and chippers) and assisting with firewood processing and delivery.
Skills & Qualifications:
We have a variety of positions available for applicants with various skills and experience levels and encourage anyone with an interest in working outside doing hands-on forestry work to apply. Previous experience in forestry or silviculture operations or other outdoor work with strenuous physical demands is an asset. Ideal candidates will have a positive attitude, strong work ethic and ability to safely complete physically demanding labor in remote, outdoor environments. Employees must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Forestry skills such as map reading/navigation, tree identification and experience using and maintaining a spacing saw or chain saw considered an asset.
How to apply:
For more information contact George Dempsey at 902-396-8505. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Apply:By Email
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.