Website Pictou County Sexual Health Centre
Pictou County Sexual Health Centre is hiring!
Job Title: Social Service Assistant
Duration: 8 weeks (or 280 hours) to be completed by January 29
Application deadline: Monday, November 30, 2020
To apply, send or drop off a resume and cover letter:
In person: Pictou County Sexual Health Centre, 279 Foord Street, Stellarton
Candidates must fit the eligibility requirements of the Canada Summer Jobs program:
(a) is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
(b) is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
(c) is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
Duties may include but not limited to:
- Contacting, connecting and collaborating with local social service providers, agencies and organizations
- Organizing fundraising events, developing fundraising initiatives
- Creating promotional advertising material in regards to agency, programs, and events
- Create community awareness in regards to centre and services
- Researching sexual health trends
- Providing information, brochures, pamphlets on STIs, LGBTQ2+, sexual violence, and other sexual health topics to clients
- Other duties as required by Executive Director
Successful candidate will demonstrate these skills:
- At least one year post-secondary education in either Health, Marketing, Human/Social Services, Social Sciences, Public Relations or relevant stream of study.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to engage with the public; approachable
- Sensitive to all cultures, ethnicities, genders and sexual orientations
- Comfortable working in a pro-choice, LGBTQ2+ friendly organization
- Proficient reading, writing and computer skills
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Publisher, social media, online meeting platforms
- Flexibility to work days, evenings, weekends
- Ability to adhere to safety standards and PCSHC Personnel Policies
- Access to transportation
Successful candidate must provide proof of the following after hiring:
- Child Abuse Registry Check
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.