Website Pictou County Solid Waste
Pictou County Solid Waste is accepting applications for the position of full time Solid Waste Equipment Operator for its Mount William Solid Waste Management Facility.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years’ experience in equipment operation on excavator, off highway truck, bulldozer, rolloff truck, and pay loader and be expected to work in enclosed areas such as the Transfer Station and Compost Facility. The successful applicant will have experience in minor equipment repairs, welding and scheduling of major repairs.
Certification in First Aid, CPR, WHMIS and a Class 5 driver’s license with air endorsement will be considered an asset.
This is a CUPE position and will include all CUPE benefits.
- Physical sorting, loading and compacting refuse as it arrives Transfer Station.
- Physical sorting, maintaining and covering Construction and Demolition site.
- Support compost facility operations.
- Maintaining access roads, drainage ditches and siltation ponds on site.
- Complete daily walk around inspections of vehicles, fill out daily vehicle inspection reports and turned in weekly.
- Recording all fuel, oil and parts used on equipment.
- Provide support for all waste managements departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience as a heavy equipment operator, specifically excavator, articulated loader, dozer, rolloff truck and off highway truck.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment in confined areas.
- Minimum of a Class 5 driver’s license with Air Brake endorsement and a clean driving record.
- Willingness to provide hands on sorting for contaminated loads
- Work outside in all weather conditions.
- Work at Organics Processing Facility
- Knowledge of heavy equipment maintenance.
- Physically fit and the ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs
- Knowledge of safe work practices in the industrial setting.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Constant interaction with waste haulers and general public on proper disposal regulations and bylaws.
- Possess First Aid, CPR, and WHMIS certificates.
- Basic skills in mechanical repairs.
How to apply:
Send resume to:
Earle Cameron, P.Eng General Manager
How To Apply:By Email
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.