Website Viola's Place
Viola’s Place Society Homeless Shelter, New Glasgow, NS is in need of a Temporary Part-Time Shelter Support Worker. Viola’s Place philosophy is to offer Shelter, Support and Hope in a non-judgemental capacity.
Job Title: Shelter Support Worker
Employer: Viola’s Place Society Homeless Shelter
Location: 189 Marsh Street, New Glasgow, NS
Start Date: As soon as possible
Position: This is a temporary position consisting of 20-24 hours per week for 12-16 weeks with the possibility of an extension. Shifts may include evenings, weekends, and infrequent overnights.
Responsible to: Manager and Board of Directors
- Experience working with diverse backgrounds, adults who are homeless, experiencing mental illness, and substance abuse would be an asset
- Non-judgemental, positive attitude and the ability to maintain confidentiality is essential
- Demonstrate kindness, compassion, and empathy
- Ability to deescalate conflict in a professional and effective manner
- Ability to clearly communicating rules to ensure a positive, constructive environment within the shelter
- Must be adaptable to change and have the ability to work under pressure
- Other duties and requirements may be asked of the successful applicant
- Relevant work experience or a combination of education and experience is considered for this position
- A criminal record check and vulnerable sector check is required
- Must be 19+ years of age to apply
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to ViolasPlaceSociety@gmail.com
We thank all who apply. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
How To Apply:By Email
To apply for this job email your details to ViolasPlaceSociety@gmail.com.