Website Maritime Odd Fellows Home
Job Posting – 2 x Temporary Recreation Aide (September to December 2020)
35 Hours Biweekly
The Maritime Odd Fellows Home is a 47 Bed Long Term Care Facility located in the town of Pictou, overlooking picturesque Pictou Harbour. The Odd Fellows Home has a long history providing quality care to our valued Residents and needs two (2) temporary full-time Recreation Aides to join our care team.
The Recreation Aide reports to and works in collaboration with the Recreation Director and as part of a multi-disciplinary team. The Recreation Aide is responsible for the delivery of a sensory stimulation program and promotion of resident’s community involvement to enhance the cognitive, physical, spiritual, and social functioning of the Residents at the Maritime Odd Fellows Home.
- This position is funded by the Student Summer Skills Incentive program and the successful candidate will be starting or returning to a full-time post-secondary program in the September following the placement.
- Good communication skills and strong motivational skills
- Must be flexible with schedule (evenings and weekends required)
Scope of Responsibilities
- · Deliver direct programs to the resident population.
- · Assist in developing, facilitating and evaluating individual and group programs.
- · Participate in resident assessments; record keeping and charting as required.
- · Participate in departmental meetings.
- · Communicate observations on resident status, participation and progress to Recreation Director.
- · Develop and maintain effective working relationship with all departments.
- · Assist with planning, organizing and participating in special events.
- · Develop sensory stimulation program and resources.
- · Maintain departmental supplies and equipment.
- · Assist with resident mealtimes
- · Facilitate family visits through the use of available technology (Zoom, Skype, etc)
- · Promote & encourage resident use of deck & garden areas.
- · Assist with on site family visits as required
The position is 35 hours biweekly and the successful applicants must be flexible with schedule (evenings and weekends required).
Submit your resume to:
Maritime Odd Fellows Home
How To Apply:By Email
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.