To inspire youth to dream big & create a sweet life.
The Dream Candy Organization, or Dream Candy for short, is firm in our belief that every child is unique, with skills, interests, and gifts unlike anyone else on the planet. Regardless of the challenges any child faces, we believe he or she has infinite potential and can overcome any obstacle to create the sweet life of their dreams.
We introduce youth to self-love and self-care practices that will help them thrive at the best of times and stay mentally strong and resilient in the worst of times. We believe that peace is a practice, and are committed to giving youth the tools and skills to develop and maintain a healthy, happy inner world.
Dream Candy focuses on whole self-wellness practices like meditation, gratitude, creative & authentic expression, mindful eating & exercise and acts of kindness to self and others. Through fun, developmentally appropriate and open-ended activities youth explore self –love and self- care practices in a safe, inclusive space where they feel seen, heard and appreciated for who they truly are.
We are looking to hire a positive, encouraging, enthusiastic, engaging, fun, non-judgmental, kind person to our Dream Candy team to play a major role in the success of our After School Recreation Program.
Job Title: After School Program Instructor
Location: Stellarton, NS
- Work directly with the Director of Program Development to design activities based on the core Dream Candy concepts of meditation, mindfulness, acts of kindness towards self & others, mindful eating & Exercise and creative expression.
- Meet the children at the bus stop or at school.
- Prepare healthy snacks.
- Assist children with creative activities.
- Supervise outdoor & indoor free play.
- Tidy the Dream Candy space (dishes, sweeping, moping, disinfecting, etc.)
- Assist with special events.
- Love working with children
- Value and practice self- care
- Value gratitude & kindness
- Creative, enthusiastic and engaging
- A natural leader
- Self-Motivated, adaptability and organizational Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Priority will be given to people with Early Childhood Education, Education, Mental Health or Recreation backgrounds.
How to apply:
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.