JOB SUMMARY: Supervise the overall drilling operations of the rig and ensures it is in accordance with both the Client’s program and Seadrill’s policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum two years as a Driller
- 1-2 years previous experience with AKER equipment
- Valid Supervisors Well Control Certification (IWCF)
- Previous experience in a role with 6th generation semi-sub drilling rig considered an asset
- Fluent in the reading and writing of the English Language. Able to operate software applications as applicable to position.
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Complete competency requirements for current position and work towards gaining competency in the next position
- Ensure the Driller is conversant with the program objectives and communicate any changes
- Oversee the maintenance, repair and installation of all drilling equipment including, lubrication, maintenance records and inventory levels.
- Supervise equipment preparation for future drilling operations
- Ensure sufficient stock or parts and materials is maintained for drilling operations
- Report drilling operations to the DSL as required
- Verify for compliance records of inspections and certification of drilling equipment, tools and tubular
- Participate in the daily operations meeting to plan and direct the job activities of the drilling department
- Responsible for ensuring that the drilling departments are conversant with relevant rig specific procedures, that they are understood, utilized and updated accordingly.
- Ensure that current well control pre-recorded data is available, documented and posted as per Seadrill policy and procedure.
- Performing well control calculations
- Responsible for ensuring that regular derrick inspections are carried out in accordance with the drops program
- Assist the DSL in organizing third party personnel responsible for various well program aspects
- Communicate with the Client under jurisdiction of the DSL
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions and where appropriate coached and prepared for the next position.
- Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development or disciplinary action.
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
- Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW, etc.)
- Complete training requirements in a timely manner as per Seadrill training matrix.
- Other duties as assigned
It is the objective of Puglisevich & Seadrill to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
How To Apply:Online
To apply for this job please visit www.appone.com.