Website Valley View Villa
The LTCA contributes an important role within the health care team. They are responsible for providing assistance with daily routines to residents along with activities of daily living. The role does not include provision of personal care to the residents.
- Perform light housekeeping duties such as tidying residents’ rooms, cleaning closets and organizing drawers, hanging clothing, putting away afternoon laundry delivery, making beds, cleaning wash basins, dental care cups, etc.
- Answer call bells and redirect when appropriate. Provide items of comfort, sitting with resident and having purposeful conversations. • Assist with 1:1 when needed for residents needing supervision or redirection
- Assisting with the residents’ dining experience under the direction of the supervisor/CCA, including but not limited to: Escort residents to and from dining areas Assist with feeding and feeding – redirect resident to focus on meal, steady hands with cutlery, steady hands with cups.
- Hydrations rounds daily
- Preparation and delivery of night lunch
- Treat cart Set up and delivery and collection of meal trays
- Setting up and clearing tables, pouring beverages and delivering meals to residents
- Stock CCA carts with supplies/linen Assist/support residents in programming such as, but not limited to, assisting residents to and from recreational programs, recreational programs and supervision of outdoor visitation with family.
- Assist in the preparation and clean-up of activity rooms.
- Grade 12 or equivalent Pre-employment vulnerable sector check required Dementia Care an asset Physically demanding role which includes lifting, walking, standing, pushing wheelchairs, bending, turning.
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work required shifts: days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have sound interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Compassion, integrity, maturity, respect and a positive attitude are essential attributes.
- Previous experience in senior care, group home, caring for a family member/friend will be considered an asset.
Apply with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
How To Apply:By email with cover letter and resume
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.