Website VON (Victorian Order of Nurses)
Regular, Full Time, Part Time and Casual
Full Time (80 Hours Biweekly), Part Time (60Hours Bi-Weekly)
Union/Bargaining Unit: NSGEU
Location: Stellarton/Pictou County
Positions also available in Amherst, Cumberland County, Truro, Colchester & East Hants County, and Annapolis Valley
Are you passionate about helping people remain healthy and at home for as long as possible? As part of the VON team, you can make a positive impact on the lives of people in your community.
As a Home Support Service Provider, you will work in the community to provide services including personal care, light housekeeping, meal preparation, and respite to clients in their own homes
- Continuing Care Assistant Certification (CCA), Home Support Worker (HSW), Personal Support Worker (PSW), Home Health Provider (HHP) or Home Health Aid (HHA) certification from NS. PSW, HSW, etc. certification from another province who are enrolled in or are eligible to complete the Nova Scotia CCA Recognizing Prior Learning (PLAR) Program.
- Nurses; retired, non-active licence, who are in good standing with their college or Internationally educated nurses (PLAR may be required).
- Students in nursing or CCA programs will also be considered.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle are required Current CPR/First Aid required
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Strong assessment skills
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Ability to work flexible hours
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check and a Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check is required upon the start of your employment
Please apply on our website at www.von.ca