LOBSTER WHARF WORKERS WANTED!
Job: Wharf worker for lobster season (May and June)
Where: Arisaig Fisheries (2012) Inc., 133 Arisaig Point Road, Antigonish County, NS
Start date: April 29, 2020
End date: June 30, 2020
Own equipment required: steel-toed rubber boots, waterproof clothing, transportation to and from work
Job Description: This is a physically demanding job which requires handling heavy items (100 lb lobster crates, lifting with a partner) and conducting repetitive tasks. Some flexibility in work hours may be required, with typical days starting around 7:00 am and ending around 5:00 pm but may start/end earlier or later, depending on activities taking place that day. The successful applicant must be able to work six (6) days per week, Monday – Saturday. Dress for the weather, as some days are rainy and work is outdoors. Attendance at work is mandatory for this short, but busy two-month period. Workers must have their own transportation to and from work. No experience necessary. Overtime may be available.
• Unload lobster catch from fishing boats, weigh lobster crates, accurately record catch information.
• Prepare shipments of live lobsters – pull and stack crates of lobster on pallets.
• Assist with preparation/distribution of bait to fishers.
• Work with the Arisaig Fisheries team to complete tasks.
• Communicate well with other employees and fishers at the wharf.
• Follow safety protocols.
• Any other tasks requested by supervisors.
Compensation: $12.55/hour, overtime available (1.5 X hourly rate)
Send resume to: email@example.com
How To Apply:Email
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.